Monday, May 9, 2011

COWPARADE


COWPARADE is an Art exhibition. It is the largest and most recognized art event since 1999 in over 50 cities including Chicago (1999), New York City (2000), London (2002), Tokyo (2003), Brussels (2003) and Dublin (2003). CowParade holding corporation is the worldwide owner of the CowParade brand.
The symbol of their products is a cow and they‘ve chosen this animal because firstly, it is an easily recognizable animal, in some places cow was a sacred animal and it seems to be as one of the most loving animals. Furthermore, the shape of a cow has interesting lines and curves that can be edited or even provide inspiration for an artist.
                                       



Many artists transform the cow into an object, a fruit or even a human. The cow sculptures are made out of flame-retardant fiberglass and have within them steel rebar for reinforcement. The Cows weigh approximately 125 pounds before application by the artist. For public display the cows are mounted to cement bases which weigh approximately 400 pounds.
CowParade, organises events in which many artists, sculptors and architectures take part. The events encourage the artists to design their own unique cow.  
Each artist gets $1000 for each cow and a large part from the cow sales goes to charities.
The Cow products are very popular and they seem to be as one of the Top collectible things in the world. I also have my own collection of CowParade products which I hope to expand as I go along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrwwqrkR6c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGb-2MENnao&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cow Parade.
    Perhaps you can help me. My name is Sean Cooke. I am an artist from Dublin, Ireland. In 2003 I took part in the Dublin Cow Parade. My cow was called Absolutely Friesian. I have no photos of it and can't find it anywhere on the Web. Could you please send me a photo of the cow in question.
    Much appreciated in advance
    Kind regards
    Sean Cooke.

    ReplyDelete